New York event planners certainly recognize that most of today’s in-person events also feature a live-streaming component, connecting remote guests. Hybrid events, along with virtual events, are here to stay. And live-streaming is suitable for all types of events, including corporate events, conferences, fundraising galas, and social celebrations.
Today, we’re sharing the latest insights and best practices event planners need to know about bringing live-streaming to all their New York events.
The Many Advantages of Live-Streaming Your Events
Transitioning your NYC events to include live-streaming as a hybrid engagement is going to require more event planning work. But don’t dismiss its importance and opt out of including these remote audience engagement efforts. You can leverage all kinds of benefits when you live-stream all your engagements, including:
- Increase your NYC event’s attendance and accessibility
- Create an archive of the entire experience for your client and your own marketing.
- Extract snippets and content for training and advertising.
- Reach a much wider audience, great for company events and fundraising.
- Develop virtual guest engagements in real-time and get immediate event feedback using polls and Q&A sessions.
Event Experiences That Work Well for Both In-Person and Virtual Guests
Some of your in-person event experiences are easily suited for your virtual event guests, too. While your remote attendees won’t be able to sit down with in-person guests for dinner or take to the dance floor, they can experience the following event activities. And these engagements should be an event planner’s focus when curating hybrid events.
- Keynote Speakers
- Celebrity Appearances
- Stage Performers
- Q&A Sessions
- Live Demos
- Product Launches
- Fundraising Activations
Technology Event Planners Need to Execute Live-Streaming
Live-streaming your events will require certain technology, software, and equipment. The goal should always be to ensure reliable live-streaming platforms, high-quality visuals, and top-notch audio. Consider this checklist of must-haves for all your hybrid events.
- Multiple high-res cameras
- Quality microphones
- Live-streaming service platforms for hosting
- Strong and reliable internet connection
- A dedicated staff member to monitor and moderate online engagements
Choosing the Best-Fit Live-Streaming Platform
You’ll want to be sure to choose a live-streaming platform that is compatible with your existing programs and software. And be sure whatever you choose, your participating event guests can join from anywhere using any device. Here are a few of the most popular platforms to consider when planning your online event engagements:
- YouTube Live
- Instagram Live
- Facebook Live
- LinkedIn Live
Pointers for Live-Streaming Your NYC Events
As an event planner, you’ll want to know these best practices for seamlessly executing live-streaming at your events. These pointers will ensure your online guest experience will be just as incredible as the in-person experience.
- Plan ahead and build excitement around the live-streaming capability in the weeks leading up to the event.
- Start a live stream with an official countdown.
- Include a proper conclusion and wind-down before signing off.
- Multi-stream your in-person event across multiple platforms.
- Test and run live-streaming trials before the event.
- Market your live stream just as much as you do your in-person engagement.
- Prepare live Q&As for your virtual audience.
- Engage with live polling during the event.
- Leverage chat boxes and chat rooms so online guests can interact with each other.
- Include interactive slides and elements with your online sessions.
- Share downloadable extras for viewing guests.
Learn More Hybrid Event Insights at The Event Planner Expo
Make sure you’re tapping into the power of live-streaming for all your New York events! And keep these insights handy when curating your next engagement. Remember, too, now’s the time to get your All Access tickets for NYC’s biggest events industry conference – The Event Planner Expo 2023! It’s your chance to learn even more about hybrid events, boosting your event planning business, and elevating your event planning!